Open Book


For the month of April, I've committed to 30 days of posting!

Join me, and go HERE for more info.

Day 18
Open a Book
Choose a book and open it to a random page & point to a phrase. Use that phrase to get writing. Free writing 15-20 minutes.

Jodi Piccult
Sounds of a Humpback Whale

"For one thing, I haven't any idea what I am going to say to her. I know, I am supposed to have prepared something elaborate... everything that has crossed my mind in the last two days has simply disappeared."

I am a woman of many words.
There aren't many instances where I don't know what to say, what the right words are to speak. I find that words flow freely from my mouth while I'm having a conversation, even an uncomfortable topic.

Maybe I don't think enough about my words before I speak, but for the most part I think I do a great job of putting it all together in my head before I throw it all out there.

I'm working on understanding that not everyone is like me. It drives me nuts to ask someone a question, and not have them answer you with a meaningful response. I imagine that they don't care enough to answer, that they don't respect you enough to say what's on their mind. Im learning that not everyone is like me. Some people need more time to process what they will say to others.

Are you a speak out loud or a think it through type?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say the right thing at the right time. I do say what I think, but many times it's too straight forward or just comes out wrong.

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR