Explore...


For the month of April, I've committed to 30 days of posting!

Join me, and go HERE for more info.

Day 5
Ekphrasis Post
Go to flickr.com/explore and write a post inspired by the image. Can you link it to your health focus?


To me... this girl looks like she's trying a little too hard.
Maybe a little too hard to be sexy.
A little too hard to fit in.
Maybe trying to make herself appear more confident.
But what if, she's an insecure, self-conscious, lonely girl who hasn't had a date in years.
Maybe she's "faking it until she makes it."

Sometimes with running and triathlon I hide behind the new gear to buy, the fun races to sign up for, the cute outfits to wear. At times, I don't feel like I belong in endurance sports. I feel like behind the face that has run a handful or 2 of half marathons and started tackling triathlon, is a girl who doesn't really understand it all. Sometimes it makes me feel very self conscious.
The fact that I don't know how to provide basic maintenance to my bike, I don't know how to make a "proper" swim workout, and I'm not really sure what is actually in store for me for 70.3. I feel like an outsider at times in my own sport! There is so much to know, and I soak up information whenever I can from bloggers, magazines, and online articles. 

The important thing is to identify the areas where we feel uncomfortable, and make a change.
I emailed my swim coach for swim workout plans.
I asked the girl at the bike shop, what I should do to take better care of my bike.
Maybe I'm still not sure of everything yet I'll need to know for 70.3, but I'm getting there!

What do you feel like you're faking?
How can you change to make it better?



No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR