Unscheduled disaster

When I don't plan things out or adhere to a schedule, all hell usually breaks loose. 5 day weekends are wicked fabulous, but this one was mostly unstructured. Sure, I knew I would go to the gym, hit the mall, wrap some presents, decorate, and get my hair done. But the schedule and structure to my eating was non existent.

Almost done with decorations!

I slept in, I didn't eat at normal times, I ate out, I ate to eat. My focus of getting on the new weight watchers plan was somewhat derailed. I did well getting all my fruits & veggies in, but I did not track a thing, starting with saturday. Major fail, especially since with this new plan, I'm not sure how many points this or that is. The party on saturday overwhelmed me with tracking fear & I nervously skirted away from what I'm sure was a disaster being recorded. Wine is ridiculously high in points, had a few of those, oh & that Harry & david cream cheese dip? Full fat cheese? I didn't even want to consider the POINTS! Then Sunday, Kevin & I went out for dinner.... cheesy garlic bread, lobster ravioli, scallops with a delicious rissotto, finished off with some sort of fried banana goodness with ice cream. FAIL. I didn't dwell on it though, or make myself feel bad & eat more (I've done it in the past), I just pretended like it didn't happen. I'm sure that's not a great option either.

Today was my last day off before heading back to work. A little better food wise, I'm getting ready to make chicken burgers with guacamole & sweet potato fries. I haven't tracked today, but I promise I will tomorrow, straight from the start. And my running has never felt better. After the 2 PR weekend, I decided to pump up my speedwork a little today. Not a ton, but I sprinted a little faster because I knew I could do it. Only 68 days until Rock N Roll New Orleans, I'm so excited for it!

I also gave the blog a little makeover on my extended weekend. Any thoughts? Not sure about the background. Its weird that it starts part way down like that, maybe I need something a little more plain? I'll test it out for now.

Have you entered my giveaway for Inperspire towels yet HERE? I just got in the ones I ordered for christmas presents! I can't wait to see what my family & friends have to say about them. I know they will think they are fabulous. DEADLINE FOR ENTRY IS TOMORROW 12/8!

8 comments:

Terri said...

I love the background - very colorful! I mean that in a GOOD way! It's tough to stay on a schedule during the holidays - next year I want to do a long run the first week of December so that I can have some recovery time during December - it will give me time to do all the other crap I need to get done!

Aimee said...

Ugh...it's so hard to eat well during holidays and breaks. Don't be too hard on yourself. We all deserve a little break every once in awhile!

Stacie said...

I'm loving the new look. I keep making little changes but I want to make it look way better.

I know way too well how a change in schedule can cause chaos.

Q said...

I like your new design!

Jana from Running Vegetarian said...

1. I love the new design!

2. You wouldn't be human if you were perfect all the time. Remember that WW is a lifestyle and you are going to have tough times.

3. Announcing to the world through your blog that you had a bad weekend food wise doesn't seem like you are acting like it didn't happen to me. :)

Suzana said...

I've tried being structured with my eating lately. ie: I'll eat lunch at 1pm, snack at 3pm, etc.... but I know I wouldn't be able to count points! It would be too much pressure and I wouldn't be able to hide from it :O

Stephanie finds her "Happy Medium" said...

Hey I saw your blog on Kandyce's blog and saw your name is Stephanie Anne...I'm Stephanie Ann! haha

Anonymous said...

I'm having a hard time not knowing the points for things on the new WW plan. I need to memorize! I have heard wine is more points but you get more each day so I think it evens out!

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR