Christmas wrap up

It's snowing! Even though I really can't stand snow, from inside my house it looks nice and I really can't complain since this is the first big snow of the year. Not typical for us New Englanders! They say we're getting between 8-12 inches, which means I cleaned my house, avoiding going anywhere.

The past 2 days have been wicked busy. I made it to the gym Friday morning, which was my first workout since the horrible 12 miler last weekend. I got out of work early, and even had time for a much needed nap. I went to Kevin's house & we made pizza with his family before heading over to his aunt & uncles party. After there, we went to my house to exchange presents. Good news? He got me the running skirt & triathlon bag I wanted. Bad news? When I told him I wanted a size 5 running skirt, he didn't buy me the running skirts size 5, he got me the womens 4-6 which is a running skirts size 2. Never in my life have I been that small!

Kevin laughed at me, because I bought him the same pair of pants I had bought him a few months ago. But he did love the snowboarding gear & red sox cycling jersey I got him. We went to midnight mass, so I didn't get to sleep until almost 1:30am, which means....

No morning ride on the trainer like I was hoping. I had to be at Kevin's at 9am for breakfast & presents. Somehow I ended up making the breakfast for everyone, when I was invited as a guest. Not sure how that happens, but oh well. After that we headed to my mom's house for breakfast round 2 (or lunch) and more presents, then to my dad's house for dinner & presents. We were exhausted, and relieved to finally make it home at the end of the night. It was great to see all of our families, and spend time with some we don't get to see too often.

I even did all my errands & shopping in my
running skirts ensemble!
Today, I was scheduled for a 10 mile long run. I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous. I hadn't run all week. When my long run partner called to confirm for today, I told her I was nervous about my knee. I wasn't sure if I'd make it, and didn't want to hold her back. We decided to do our own thing. The next part for me was to decide treadmill or outside? The snow had started, but I was really itching to run in it for some reason. But I was nervous that my knee would start acting up & I would be stranded, or worse yet, I could slip & fall and hurt my knee even more. I decided on the treadmill, and headed to the gym. I decided to wear a christmasy outfit, since it's only the day after. My plan was to run 3 miles to start. If the knee started acting up, I would get off, do a little lifting, then do 3 more miles. I really wanted to make the 10, but I told myself I'd wait & see how I felt. I hit 3 miles, and had no knee pain. I really tried to pay attention to my form. I hit mile 4, got off to get more water, then back on, and I just kept cruising until I made it all the way to 10. My knee never hurt. A couple times I felt a little pulling in my calf, but I slowed to a walk, and it never made its way to my knee. That run was the best christmas present ever!

Today I've been going crazy cleaning, throwing crap away, and putting stuff in bags for goodwill. I think so far I've managed 3 full bags of trash & 2 bags for goodwill, and there's still more work to be done! I have the day off tomorrow, so my plan is to keep up with the cleaning, make some muffins, and get a fabulous workout in. I hope this snow stops soon!

Don't forget my giveaways!
The Bondi Band & sports beans one ends tonight! Enter HERE
My Ryders giveaway ends tomorrow! Enter HERE



7 comments:

Tim Wilson said...

Glad to hear your run went good and the pain stayed away from your knee!

Aimee said...

It sounds like you had a busy Christmas! Bummer about the skirt! At least you can exchange it fairly easily! :)

Awesome job on your run! Yay for no knee pain! :)

Unknown said...

Seems like with the snow, you have plenty of time to exchange the skirt for the right size. stay warm!

Lisa said...

Horray - congrats on a great run with no knee pain. Yeah!!!!!! That had to be a HUGE relief for you. Sounds like one hectic Christmas, but it's always nice to spend time with family and friends . . . and then even better to go home and get to organizing. So glad you had a good run today.

The Green Girl said...

Yeay for your Christmas run!

Carly said...

Yay for pain free running! :-) Merry Christmas!

Raquelita said...

I just came across your blog, and I love it! I'm following!

I love your festive outfit, and I'm glad to hear your long run was free of knee pain!

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR