wine anyone?

wine was the culprit on Sunday. Well, I guess in reality it was the gateway to unhealthy eating, to continue with my poor tracking and eating theme of the week. Managed a 19 mile ride in the morning with my brother who kept me working hard to keep up with him, shouting encouragements along the way as we traveled a pretty route he had mapped out. Then it was off to the wineries with Kevin. I packed us a picnic, organic PB&J sandwiches, grapes, cheese & crackers (along with a few waters), and off we went. The first place we stopped at, we did a tasting, then had lunch at one of their picnic tables. Then off we went to 4 more wineries, nibbling cheese & crackers as we drove. We ended our day with dinner at the cheesecake factory, where I got a pomegranate mojito, a salad with dressing on the side, and white chocolate macadamia nut cheesecake to go.
The view from winery #4


view on the car ride there
My salad at Cheesecake Factory

Monday morning I made organic, whole wheat french toast as planned, with maple apple chicken sausage.   I spent a few hours after that cleaning the house, watering the lawn, & watching TV, before getting my butt in gear to exercise. I decided it was a beautiful day for an outdoor run, which I need to get more practice with, so off I went for a 3.35 mile loop which I completed in less than 39 minutes, a sweaty, panting, mess. That night my college roomate, who was in town to see her family, came over to visit & we talked about doing the A1A half marathon in florida together in february.  Score! Another goal to work towards after the triathlon is over!

Kevin and I were "discussing things" aka arguing last night into the early morning hours, which meant no gym this morning and a cranky girl low on sleep the whole day. He told me that he didn't want to re-propose at the wineries (despite the killer romantic atmosphere), because it wasn't something that was "our thing". I can't figure out if he is making up excuses still, or what. I don't understand then why he hasn't created a moment of one of "our things" and done it already. Its been over a month since he asked for the ring back to re-propose, and over 3 months since I've had it on at all. I am getting frustrated without knowing when things will improve or an action will take place. Stressed beyond words.

Today has been a good day eating wise, in fact I have a delicious dinner in the oven right now!

Foil Pack Chicken Fajita Dinner (from Kraft foods)
makes 4 servings. 6 points per serving

what you need
1 1/2 cups whole wheat instant rice
1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
4 small boneless-skinless chicken breasts (1#, I use organic)
1 green & 1 red pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup salsa (I use organic)
1/2 cup mexican style reduced fat cheese

make it
Heat oven to 400 deg F. Fold up all sides of each of 4, 18x12 inch sheets of heavy-duty foil to form an inch rim. Spray foil with cooking spray. Cook rice according to package directions, after cooked combine with taco seasoning. Spoon rice into the centers of foil. Top with remaining ingredients.

Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place on cooking sheet.

Bake 30-35 min or until chicken is cooked through. Let stand for 5 min. cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets. Enjoy!
all 4 foil packs after coming out of the oven
The inside, YUM!
I am on target to stay on track today, and hit the gym tomorrow for an morning swim and possibly some lifting, we'll see what I have time for. I'm counting down the days until tuesday night is Biggest Loser night again (14 days)!

4 comments:

Wife of a MD/PhD Student said...

Your dinner looks super yummy! I am so impressed with your planning (the packed lunch) and making it work at Cheesecake Factory. I always get de-railed in those types of situations!

loveveritas said...

That dinner looks so good! Definitely putting it on my list of things to make

Life's an Adventure said...

the wineries sound soo fun!

and I am counting down the days till BL too!

Stephanie Anne said...

thanks for the love ladies!

I wouldn't say I conquered the Cheesecake factory..... I had white chocolate macadamia cheesecake the next day with my leftover salad after my run lol

I do LOVE going to the wineries.... only problem I spend too much! I end up buying at least 1 bottle wherever we go!

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR