Everyone will run a marathon

I am watching my DVRd Biggest Loser from Tuesday and dropped my jaw when they announced what would be the final challenge the contestants would compete in at the end of the season.

Everyone will run a marathon.

From 300+ pounds... to 26.2 miles

Crazzzy.

Every year I love the marathon episode (except last year when it was stupidly left out). It's my favorite episode of the season, it makes me feel like I can do it too. If people who weighed 300 pounds 3 months ago can run a marathon, then I can too. Especially with the years of training I've put in, and the weight I've worked at losing. Marathons however, are not for everyone, so I'll be interested to see how it all plays out. Maybe this time they'll focus a little more on the training and nutrition required to accomplish this feat.


This week has been right on track with workouts and mostly with nutrition. I have adapted a new eating attitude for this training cycle. I need to fuel my body to perform my best at this marathon. I do not want to be held back because of poor choices I made with food. I've decided that at the end of the week, I'll give you a recap on my training and how all the workouts went for the week.


I also want to check with my mom and see if she would write a recap of her training every now and then as she goes from couch potato to half marathoner! She has her Jeff Galloway walking plan set out & is working with a trainer at the gym and I couldn't be more proud of her! I love to spread the running bug to my family and friends!


Tempo run tomorrow!





5 comments:

Shawn said...

I think the nutrition is the hardest part of the training, can't wait to read your weekly recaps. Good for your Mom, tell her Good Luck from me!

Penny said...

So excited for your mom. That is so awesome. Eating plans are hard for me too. I love my carbs.

Lisa said...

Eating is most definitely a challenge. You're exactly right though - food is fuel and I struggle to remember and focus on that!!!! I know you're going to be awesome during the training!!! I believe in you!

How cool for your mom - yes, have her write a guest post!!! Inquiring minds wanna know :)

Kelsey @ Go Girl said...

I know right!! I love the marathon episode and it is definitely inspiring to see those contestants beat the odds!

Sara said...

That is wonderful that your mom started running too! Running with my mom and watching her accomplish what she though was impossible are some of the last and greatest memories I have of her. It is truly special. :)

I don't know what I think of EVERYONE on BL running a marathon. I hope, like you said, they let people watching KNOW you what actually goes into training to run like that!

I'll be anxious to hear how your training week went too! I need to refocus my eating to fuel my body. I've been eating crap lately, which is not helping anything!!

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR