BIA 5K & weekend race plan...

So I decided... 

Both the 5K & the Sprint Triathlon this weekend. 
The more I thought about the triathlon, the more I talked myself into it. I had already paid the $90 registration fee, I would hate to see that money go to waste! It is a sold out race, and I would feel bad not showing up, when someone really wanted to be there. The race is "supposed" to be flat & fast, and the Athenas are in the last swim wave. I managed to get one more swim practice in on friday morning, and felt a little better about the swim. Now I need to get to packet pickup today, then start laying my gear out for tomorrow!

Today, I met my friend Debbie in Longmeadow for the BJ Williams Road Race, to support the Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts. Kevin's mom suffered a traumatic brain injury almost 4 years ago, and we are still dealing with the many complicated things following that, plus my area of work, made me really want to support the cause.

It was a small race, non chip timed, through the fairly quiet streets of Longmeadow. I started off a little too fast, got pretty tired near the end, but sprinted to the finish I chicked 2 girls (one had a jog stroller). That made me feel good haha
The bad, I missed my goal finish of under 30 min by 2 seconds, clocking in at 30:01.
Good? 30:01 is a new PR!!

When I got home, I checked the goody-bag they gave us, not too shabby for a cheapie local race!


Definitely a quick easy race, close to home, for a fabulous cause! I was really glad I joined Debbie for a mood boosting run before tomorrow's triathlon. Time for packet pick up & sneaker shopping with my mom!

Check out my guest blog post at Rust Belt Runner HERE! It posted thursday, but I've been so busy, I forgot to let you guys know!! Please please please, check it out!


3 comments:

Kelsey @ Go Girl said...

What what? Way to Go Girl! 2 seconds is almost sickening, but that's still so freaking awesome!

I know that you'll get that sub 30 race soon. Good luck tomorrow :)

Unknown said...

yay! i'm glad you are doing the tri tomorrow. i just started laying my stuff out for mine...

Lisa said...

Long distance high 5 you PR crusher you!!!!! Way to go! Good luck tomorrow. I'd love to know (after tomorrow) you're thoughts about racing back to back days - is it doable? killer? would you do it again? never again? Just really curious. I have some delusions of doing back to back races in the spring . . . but am scared!

Awesome job today and good luck tomorrow!

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR