When you feel like quitting...

I want to bring back Motivational Mondays....







I've been slacking lately and thinking....

Can I really meet the goals I made for myself (HERE)?

Can I really finish a 70.3?
Can I really get to my goal weight?

I feel like giving up and quitting every time I struggle. Certain events in my life have made the struggle more difficult. I am happy to say that the stress has cleared, and I'm feeling more focused than I have in a while. The fact is, I wanted to quit at every goal I set for myself. Remembering why I train, why I race, why I try to eat right and loose weight, help keep me going. I want to be strong and healthy for a long lifetime! I want to have fun, and conquer things I never thought I would! I want to look back as a 90 year old lady and tell the story of when I completed a half ironman. I want to inspire others, and myself to be the best that I can be.

So, here's to not quitting!

Have you ever wanted to quit?
What kept you going?
Why do you do what you do?



5 comments:

Nicole said...

I felt like quitting Sunday. I hit a wall and did not want to keep going and thought I was crazy. Who do I think I am that i think I can run this far. I finished because the reason I am running is bigger than 13.1. I am going to do this half in memory of my girlfriends daughter who lost her life at 6 years old. No one should have to live though losing a child. And I can do this to support my friend and honor her daughter.

Lisa said...

I believe in you. Never give up. Quitting is the easy way out. You're a runner not a quitter. One foot in front of the other -keep repeating. You're an amazing role modl. Exceed your goals. Believe and achieve it!

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

Cheers to not quitting! It sucks to want to quit...I'v been there. No ones perfect so i think to feel that way once in a whiile is almost a good thing ;)...feeling that way and doing it are two different things though..You got this!

Anonymous said...

Love your attitude and good job on not quitting. I've been there many times and each time I didn't quit I was so glad and proud.

Kayla said...

You can do it!! IT is so easy to quit and I honestly have wanted to quit a lot lately! My initial "quitting" this year wasn't so much quitting as having to prioritize and training went on the back burner, but ever since then when I have trying to get back into shape I have wanted to quit a lot. I am still struggling with it but I just keep telling myself that I will feel so much better after I am done (which is always true). Hang in there girl! You can do it!!! I totally believe that later this year we will hearing about how you completed your goal of completing a 70.3! When you feel like quitting, just think of how awesome crossing that finish line will feel :)

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR