The humidity has been crazy....
but I haven't seen Al Roker's sweating bacon on the map lately.
seriously I just tried for 20 minutes to google a picture. Why isn't there a picture of Al's sweaty bacon map??!!
On Tuesday I was excited to head out for a 6 miler early in the morning. I saw the temp would be in the 70s, which is about 20 degrees cooler than the after work temp, so I didn't think much. Thank goodness I brought my Hydrapak filled with water, because I'm pretty sure I sweated off 5 pounds of fluid with the 85% humidity.
A few things I've learned...
1. Hydrate: drink the night before, before the run & during the run.
2. Pick your time: run at times of low temps or low humidity if possible. Early morning works best for me.
3. Slow down: walk if needed, slow the pace, and don't be discouraged to see your pace suffer.
4. Take it inside: if its too hot or humid, take it indoors to the treadmill.
5. Stay Safe: Keep a phone or a Road ID on you in case of emergency.
What are your best warm weather tips?
How's the weather near you?