I Can't get up!

Seriously. Who throws their back out while sitting on the couch writing a blog post? Me apparently. I've been slightly out of alignment for a couple weeks, nothing major. All the sudden, I got a huge jolt of pain in my low back and I couldn't move. I managed to get myself laying on the couch. I tried to get up and couldn't. It reminded me of the time my back was so bad 6 years ago I spent an hour on the floor waiting for my mom to get home and help me. Kevin & my roomie were both at class, and I dropped my mom at the airport last night. I thought of calling a friend nearby to come help, but the door was locked, they wouldn't even be able to get in.  I called Kevin crying and left him a message to come home. Then, I managed to get semi-upright. I used the furniture to get to an ice pack in the freezer, then even made it upstairs for ibuprofen & muscle relaxers.

Kevin made it home an hour or so after and helped take care of me to get me up to bed. At some point during the night, I made it onto my stomach, big mistake. I got stuck around 5am. I couldn't roll over, I was dying in pain, and sweating it was so hot. I managed to tell Kevin "I'm either gonna throw up for pass out." I'm always a courteous passer-outer. I can usually tell someone before I do it at least. I came to sweating, Kevin was elevating my legs. Needless to say I decided I wouldn't be going to work today, and I convinced Kevin to stay home with me. He took me to the doctors a little while ago to get some new prescriptions since I ran out of my muscle relaxer stash.

So, I never made it to my run yesterday (drained after the funeral), and obviously I didn't make it today. With New Orleans 3 weeks away, I hope I can at least get my long run in on sunday!

Back to TV, napping, and reading!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I feel you for you. My husband has horrible back issues and so I've witness the misery first hand. The other day he was shoveling and came in to throw up because he was in so much pain. I hope you get to feeling better AND can get in your long run.

J said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope your back feels better soon! As for morning running, I always wear a headlamp and a reflective vest when I run in the dark. I pretty much wear the vest 9 months out of the year when I run in the mornings cause its dark. I also have a red light that flashes attached to my vest so cars can see that too. I also make sure to wear a light colored top or sweatshirt so that it will catch drivers eyes instead of a dark sweatshirt! Hope that helps!

Unknown said...

eee gads. i have back problems too, and that's how it always happens, doing something innocuous after ignoring an alignment issue. hope you feel better soon.

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

awww...hope your back feels better soon. big hug!

Aimee said...

Oh No!! That sucks! I hope your back gets better soon!

Lisa said...

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about your back. Back pain is THE WORST!!! It kinda sucks you don't even have a good story about how you hurt your back (i.e. backpacking along the Great Wall of China or rescuing the Chilean Miners or winning the New Orleans race). I threw out my hip while blogging awhile back - had my leg crossed holding my laptop then sneezed - OUCH - instant hip pain. Who knew blogging was so dangerous!!! Feel better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww I am sorry to hear that! I hope your back feels better ASAP!!!

Staci said...

Sorry to hear about your back. I've noticed when I am not paying attention to myself, my body revolts and does something that forces me to rest for a while. Maybe you need to listen and rest for a while :-).

Karen Seal said...

Oh my gosh that sounds awful! I'm so sorry to hear that! Hope you feel better soon!

Terri said...

Oh, no! Hope you feel better soon - I just got over a back thing and it was (no pun intended) a total pain!

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR