(Late) Weigh In!

Thursday is my usually weigh in day, and I did manage to weigh in, just not post about my fabulous success! I was surprised to see the scale at 181, a 2 pound loss, especially with my multiple Octoberfest sam adams & post Hartford party. This is even more exciting since I have now lost 10 pounds since recommitting to weight watchers & actually working at losing weight!

Yesterday I dragged my butt out of bed to the gym to get in Key run #2 for my first week of FIRST Half Marathon training. The plan called for 2 easy miles, 3 miles short tempo speed (5.5mph), 1 easy mile. I didn't sleep well the night before, and my energy was low. I was barely making it through the first 2 miles, and I realized I wouldn't have time to complete the plan & get home to shower & get ready for work. I decided to cut it to 1.5 easy, 3mile tempo, .5 easy. I'm pretty sure a tempo run means you go at one speed, but I needed a few walking breaks, I was tired! Plus, I'm pretty sure my sacrum & pelvis are out of alignment, and even though my coworker worked on me yesterday, I still don't think its right.

Today I rested & skipped the gym. My coworkers and I are going out to breakfast to celebrate my student's last day. She's done really well, and we'll miss her! Tomorrow I am working in the morning and then have my 8 mile running date with my friend Angie. Hopefully I can make it through without TOO much walking.

Good luck to everyone at their races this weekend!

6 comments:

misszippy said...

Good going on the weight loss!

Carly said...

Great job on the 2 lb. loss. This is making me miss WW. I did it and had to stop because I couldn't afford it. :-(

track coach and adorable wife said...

Yay for 2lbs down!

KovasP said...

Amazing what happens when we commit to "actually working at losing weight" - I'm having success now as well. Nice job.

Jaime said...

great job on the loss!

The Green Girl said...

Aw, that's awesome! Congratulations on the 2 pounds!

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR