The Act of Change

source: google images
I stand up for myself.
I give out my ideas or opinions.
I make it a point to tell others that complaining doesn't change things, actions do.

Unfortunately, when it came to my work, I wasn't taking my own advice. Yesterday that changed. I stood up for myself. I am working to make things change for myself and my coworkers. Its scary, and nerve-racking. But I'm happy that we're finally making the change we need to.

In my endurance sport world, this means that I need to make some changes. Time passing by will not make me lose weight, or be a better swimmer. I need to take action to make those things happen. I need to get in the pool, jump on the bike, watch my food intake.

What are some things you need to take action to change?

My change for this weekend?
Trainer ride this morning
Work on my 70.3 training plan
A trip to Lululemon to shop away frustrations (and get some gorgeous new gear)
 Run tomorrow
Meeting at Bia Fitness with a nutritionist
Swimming tomorrow with a friend

Whats your weekend look like?

5 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I just got a package from Lululemon in the mail this week! Good changes in my wardrobe! :)

On the Right Track said...

I am working toward focusing on what i "CAN DO"...rather than dwelling on what "I'm not allowed to do" the second one sucks the energy out of me!!!

My personal motto right now is progress, not perfection.

rock your weekend!

BLESS YOUR HEART said...

Ok I cant figure out how to respond to peoples comments, when I hit reply it just post back on my page and sends me an email copy. I did want to reply back to you. I am having that munchkin land site create my blog. They said it would be 5 to 6 days and now it was going to be Feb 3 and now its going to be a few more days....
So glad to see your training hard for your 70.3!!!Erica

RunToTheFinish said...

i started making changes a few months ago..including a direct talk with my bosses and things are daily feeling better :)

Christina said...

You had me at Lululemon!

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR