no snow day for me....

Guess who had to drive to work again in the ridiculous weather?

oh, right... me.

Tuesday I made it to the gym for my run before the snow really hit for my run. While on the treadmill, it went from a few schools closed & a few with early dismissals, to all closed. The weather wasn't bad heading in to work, but the drive home was rough. We were anticipating a disaster wednesday, and were told if we didn't make it in, that we would have to make up the therapy time tomorrow and friday.

So obviously I was planning for a snow day. When the snow quieted down last night, the roomie and I headed to the store for snacks & supplies to make cookies. We hit the game store and bought a copy of Just Dance for Wii. We were planning of a fabulous day of dancing & eating like fools.

Then I woke up. I looked outside. 2, maybe 3 inches. SERIOUSLY? I couldn't avoid at least trying to get to work. So Kevin shoveled the driveway and off I went. I hit one snowbank on the way out of the gas station and almost got in 1 accident, but I made it in. I was hoping to leave early, but only made it out at 4. Most of the storm ended up as a wintry mix, so the roads weren't too terrible coming home.

Hopefully things will be clear for tomorrow morning so I can get my run in! Last night, I registered our free prizes from the time share and day dreamed about tropical locations. I hate winter, get me out!!

8 days until New Orleans!!





6 comments:

Pinkhatrunner said...

Glad you made it home. Good luck in New Orleans it sounds like a good time.

Wells L said...

Just keep repeating it to yourself - 8 more days to NO, 8 more days to NO, 8 more days to NO. Ahhhhh - nice! You'll have such a great time down there - say it with me "warm!" Ahhhh - nice! Glad you were safe today.

J said...

We only got about 3 inches here too! I was really bummed! All the schools were closed and it wasn't even that bad! I really wanted a REAL snow day!

LauraElaine said...

I'm a PT also, and our clinic decided last night to close today....and then we only got 4"! So now I have to make up 10 hrs by the end of the week....would have much rather gone in!!!! Good luck in your last training runs!

Kirstie said...

New Orleans?? Lucky girl! Have fun! I ended up with two snow days here as I am in Northeast Ohio and we had quite a bit of snow the first day and all ice the second day. Hope you get a snow day soon!

Shawn Becker said...

Hang in there, just a few more days! We do not have the snow but the temp has been brutal.
Shawn

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR