Disney Princess here I come!

I leave for Disney saturday morning and I couldn't be more excited!



I've been thinking a lot about this race. My legs feel much better after New Orleans than I anticipated they would. I thought to myself, should I push it and try for another PR, or just have fun?

Then I thought about all the fun photo ops I missed last year at Disney as we plowed through the first 9 miles in the sleet and rain, to my brother's almost defeat. I also thought about the last killer hill up to the Disney highway on the stretch back to Epcot. Lesley @ Racing it Off invited me to join her for a 2:20 finish. I would love a 2:20 finish, but 2:25 on a perfectly flat course really pushed me in New Orleans. 

Freezing and almost to the finish, I convinced my bro to stop for 1 pic!


I decided I will have fun.

I will stop at most picture stops.

I will walk through water stops as needed.

I will enjoy myself & cheer others on along the way.

I will look super cute in my race outfit I have planned.

My friend Ash is aiming for a finish under 2 hours, so she may be waiting awhile on me. Hopefully I can keep it under 2:45 or so. This week has been a running wash. I have not gotten in a single mile, maybe I can squeeze in a couple tomorrow morning. Im crossing my fingers to skip out of work early tomorrow to finish packing & running errands, and I'm praying extra hard that the rain/snow scheduled for tomorrow doesn't throw a wrench in my travel plans.

Wish me luck!
Don't forget to Check out my fundraising Raffle to benefit injured war vets HERE
I'll post the first winner tomorrow night!

7 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Safe travels and have a blast. Go Princesses!

Suzy said...

Have a wonderful time! I think a run in Disney *must* be enjoyed. I can't wait to see all the great pictures you get.

Penny said...

Just go to the race thinking I am just going to have fun and enjoy every minute. I bet you will be suprised how well your time will be. Last year when I did my 1st marathon. I told my partner we are going into this to have lots of fun and enjoy every minute and hope to finish in 5hrs. We finished in 4.38 and we had so much fun that I want to do another marathon. I really thought I would never want to run again. So go have fun and enjoy it all. Cant wait to hear all about it when you all get back.

Carly said...

Good luck! Have an awesome time!

Shawn said...

Good luck and have a wonderful time. Post pictures when you get back and I will look forward to reading you post race recap.

Lisa said...

I love hearing about your race plan and how it's going to be different than last year. My training partner "C" ran the princess last year and she has the cutest pix from it. I think this is one race where time really shouldn't matter - I think this is a race that's all about the experience. I hope you have a GREAT time!!!!! Take lots of photos and share them with all of us snow bound folks! Hope it's awesome for you! Good luck, chica!

Karen Seal said...

I agree, girl...you need to stop, take pictures, and have FUN! My Disney Marathon this year where we stopped a LOT and goofed off is by FAR my favorite race ever! Good luck! Can't wait to hear about it!! :0)

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR