Master this...

Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!Last fall, I read Jillian's book Master your metabolism. While I've been using weight watchers for years, the information that Jillian gave really clicked for me. It was all well researched, organized, and made so much sense. I loved it. I now eat organic dairy, meat & eggs. I've eliminated high fructose corn syrup, and hydrogenated oils & when I eat according to Jill I feel so much better. Her new cookbook The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook is amazing. I have made several recipes from there and they are all wonderful. Delicious and healthy. Buy it at amazon: Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!

My newest challenge has been developing a plan for myself to include Jillian's healthy eating with weight watcher's point counting to help me lose the weight I need to. The points just make calorie counting so much easier for me. Since my activity is limited right now, I have been trying to be extra careful with my nutrition.

I think a lot of times, people think of losing weight and associate it with a diet. That is where they fail in my opinion. Getting healthy needs to be treated as a lifetime adventure. It may not always go according to plan, but that is part of the challenge. Learning to overcome obstacles makes you stronger and able to withstand tougher situations that may come your way.

Today I went in to work for a visit, to send off a coworker that is leaving. I made a healthy, organic lasagna (yum) and managed to have a tiny piece of that and some salad & I avoided the dessert all together. The last few years I have been eating dessert just because it was there, not thinking of how it affects my body, how I will feel after eating it. I'm trying to get into the mindset of thinking of how it will fuel my body & how I will feel after eating it. The dessert today was not worth it. lost .5 on the scale today, I know it was less because I went all out in Boston last weekend with Margaritas, cannoli, wine & beer.... oh well. I'm trying to stay focused to the goal at hand and dealing with whatever comes my way.

No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR