Thoughts From the First Run Out

I went on my first post baby runs few weeks ago. It was amazing, but discouraging at the same time. Slugging along, I did a walk/run 2:1 for 25 min and was sore and exhausted following. As I struggled with my breathing, and my muscles wondered what the heck I was putting them through, the following thoughts ran through my mind.

I am a long way from half marathon shape, how will I ever get back there?

My achilles is still hurting? Shouldn't that have gone away with not running for 8+ months?

Walking is just as good of exercise right? Maybe I don't really want to run again.

Who am I kidding, of course I want to run again.

Remember when I crossed that finish line of my 70.3? I need to feel that again!

Wow, I am so slow, this is taking forever.

I have to remember that......


I should have been proud of myself just to have gone as far as I did!  No matter how slow I am going, I'm out there doing it. I did feel proud of myself, but I also felt so discouraged.  was a time where I was in such good running & triathlon shape.  Although leading up to the pregnancy, I can't say I was that committed. I poorly trained for and ran the Rock N Roll half in Savannah, GA with my husband (his first half marathon!), who helped make sure I finished the race. The twin pregnancy definitely kicked my butt more than I was thinking it would. I stopped running about 10 weeks in because I was just so tired and short of breath, I didn't feel right about it.

I know I have a long way to go. Finding the time to run with newborn twins is no easy task ( I haven't hit the pavement since that one run). If you know me, you know I like to set goals for myself, so for now I plan on figuring out a manageable schedule to help get me back into some kind of shape.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR